Guess what, though if you read the title I’m sure you’ll know, The Emma Exclusive is one year old!
Wow, who would have thought I would be here right now, still blogging to you all.
Thinking back on a year ago and my first blog post, I set out on a big blogging task to do 40 days of blogging for the 40 days of Lent. But then life got in the way and I found 40 blog posts was not realistic.
Blogging though was a good way for me to continue writing about things I like and getting a voice out there for myself. So I kept it up when I could.
Although the blog wasn’t updated as much as I would’ve liked, I’ve achieved a heck of a lot in the year I’ve been writing The Emma Exclusive.
- I went back to uni for my third and final year and learnt what it really means to be stressed and how I handle it.
- I made a great bunch of friends that I just love to hang out with and I can see us all being friends for a long time.
- I got an internship.
- That internship turned into a paid job.
- I turned 21 and truly feel more adult like for it.
- I graduated from university with a Communications degree – my proudest moment to date.
- I began budgeting regularly and keeping track of my spending that will be a life-long habit.
- I finally started saving for my OE (planning to depart late 2017).
- Perhaps the most exciting news… I got my first full-time job in journalism (starting in two weeks!)
I must say, thinking back on the year has been very uplifting and proves to me I am moving in the right track with my life goals.
I challenge you to write down a list of all the things you’ve achieved or have made you happy in the past year and see for yourself just how inspiring it is (I found it helpful to look back on my diary and calendar from last year.)
Let me know how your list looks by tweeting me @emmastanford11 and using the hashtag #TheEmmaExclusive.